Tuesday, July 5, 2016

DEVASTION IN MY OWN BACKYARD


 This strong, confidant fellow with his mighty spurs tried his best to fight off the invader who
broke into their home this weekend.

 He fought with all his might.

 He lost his fight yesterday...




I know it is the circle of life but I am writing with tears in my eyes at his loss and the loss of the two little black and white Bantams. 
I can't believe I am crying over chickens but those who know me know these weren't just chickens, they are my pets. 


 Who come to me when I called them.



  Who would follow me for treats.  



Who would eat out of my hand. 

We've moved the remaining four hens to a safe home, a home of a dear friend who was willing to take on four more mouths to feed and care for all in the name of friendship.
 I am not sure I can face the devastation of a chicken attack again, nor the cleanup or the hours spent trying to get a dying rooster to drink from a syringe and keep fighting for his life.  We've trapped three predators so far and will keep on as they have caused a lot of havoc to our little neighborhood in the country.  I know if I decide to try again I can get my girls and bring them back home once my coop is sealed like Fort Knox.  I just don't know if my heart can take it.



Rest In Peace Sir Charles... I will really miss you



No comments:

Post a Comment