Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh February where did you go...

When I looked at my blog today I realized it had been more than 2 weeks since I've posted anything.  So what have I been doing lately?  We celebrated a special friends 65th birthday at a surprise party.  Here is the card I made him using his baby photo his wife got for me.
 He collects old license plates from all over and displays them on the walls of his workshop so I thought it only appropriate to use license plate paper on his card I made.
 It was fun making this card, I had the idea in my head and it turned out just as I had planned. I tried to get him a license plate from either Japan or China and neither worked out.  Last year for Christmas I did get him a license plate from Australia!

Since a real license plate didn't work out, we created this instead.  I found a place where I could get the letters spelling his name from old license plates and we mounted them to a board so it could be hung.  We were quite proud of it. Again, it turned out exactly as I had hoped it would.   The party was great, the food and friends were great and everyone loved our gift!  

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME !!!! The gift and card are absolutely perfect for your friend and so creative, thanks for sharing =) Happy Leap Day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card to match his collection! I love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and great gift!! Thanks for visiting our farm!!!
    Bev
    Bee Haven Acres

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I love it! And I think that "W" is from a Washington state plate....

    ReplyDelete