Friday, September 9, 2011

IT WAS QUITE THE PROJECT

If you follow my blog you know that I received a pond form for my birthday.  Well, it was truly a labor of love!
And it turned out to be a lot bigger job than we planned on.  After my dear Hubs starting digging and getting the pond in place (Yes, I worked right along with him) we realized we could really use some more dirt to level out the area more since it was on a slight slope.
So a load of dirt it is.. delivered the next day...

And then we decided to add a french drain along side the patio and out into the yard in case we had severe rain that could potentially overflow into the pond.   Like I said, it turned out to be a way bigger job than planned!  And all this during the hotest days of summer this year.


                                                          But oh so WORTH IT!
Do you see all the flagstone walkways around the pond?  Well, let me just brag and say I did that all myself!
I went to a stone center and hand picked each one of those stones, loaded them myself and brought them home and laid it out the way I wanted.  All 680 pounds of them!  Yep, they weigh the truck before and after you "shop".  Hubs was golfing and boy was he surprised when he got home!

Variegated Sweet Flag
 Lotus 

Cyperus - Umbrella Palm
And fish of course! Much bigger than they appear next to the lily pads.


FROM THAT....               TO THIS!





8 comments:

  1. WOW! You go girl! And how is Gypsy enjoying the water and the fish???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Margy it looks beautiful. The years of enjoyment you are going to have from that pond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margy, it's beautiful!!! And I can only imagine how much work it really was, having done a few of those "we'll just do this part..." kind of projects with my husband, too. But agree, totally worth it, it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a lot of hard work, but it looks amazing!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margy, you and Hubs did a great job. Love it, Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG... Gorgeous.. Remind to bring my fishing pole. Love the rock colors and shapes.

    ReplyDelete