Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Scenes from the Newport, KY Garden Walk




This past weekend I spent a little girlfriend time at the annual Newport Garden Walk. We try to go every year as we are all gardeners as well as old friends. Not only is it great to see other peoples' garden features, but the neighborhoods you walk through are also enjoyable. Most of the gardens on the tour were in yards of homes almost 100 years old and some older. I love the architecture...





St. Francis of Assisi, Patron Saint of all animals blessed this garden.


























Pops of color here and there...










and my favorite begonia, escargot... A little hydrangea love....


And a gargoyle "guard" for every garden...



Love the painted lady...



and yet more gargoyles. Can ya tell I love em?


A unique wall arrangement...



and the most beautiful pond in the side courtyard.




I have more to share - hopefully tomorrow if Blogger plays better than it did today!


































3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I didn't know they did this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty Margy. They are so fun to go to. I am always amazed at what people create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun garden walk! Love the little pond in the last photo!!!

    ReplyDelete