Friday, March 4, 2011

That Beachy Feelin'

Cindy at My Romantic Home Blog is having her weekly Show n Tell Friday so I wanted to link up.  Here is more of my beach bath I promised to post.  Scroll back a few and you;ll see the distressed shutter project for this bath. I must say, its one of my favorite rooms in the house!

I found this vintage print at a flea market - I'd been looking for ages for something vintage that screamed beach.

My little vignette over the window.  Found the old sand pail at yet another flea market.  The mosiac ball was a Hobby Lobby steal - got it home and realized it almost matched the wings on the seagull.
My favorite shelf - scored at a "junk barn".  The sand castle is from my sister - she got it as a white elephant exchange - Couldn't be more perfect for my bath.  I guess its true, one mans trash is anothers treasures.
I use it as a night light as the windows are all cut out giving a little glow.
Every year when we go to the beach I bring back some sort of starfish.  I have some from the Dominican Republic and Riviera Maya in the Yucatan Peninsula.  The marble ones came from Mexico.
Hope you enjoyed the mini tour of the beach bath!

3 comments:

  1. Love your beach theme bath. I do the same in mine and can bathe and pretend I am at the beach. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really nice! I love a beach theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find Margy. I love your beach theme going on.Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete