Monday, November 8, 2010

FOCUSING ON BEING THANKFUL

After a tough weekend it's time to focus on things I am thankful for.

In one day we lost and buried a cat trying to do the right thing and spent $150 doing it...but more devastating, hubs was laid off from work. All in the same day.

Its supposed to only be for a month or so but that doesn't make it any easier. But we've been down this road before and we have weathered much worse. I need to focus on the good things so this doesn't get me down. It tried...

I've decided for the rest of this month I'm focusing on all the good things in life - I am so very thankful for and these two best buddies above always lift my spirits.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Margy. What is that saying "when it rains it pours". Seems like things always comes in pairs doesn't it. Hopefully hubby will not be off long.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margy, thanks for leaving a comment for my giveaway, it's nice meeting new bloggy friends. I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky :( I love cats but can't have any now because I'm allergic. Love your dane too, she's gorgeous :)
    Have a blessed day.
    Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have a crappy week end! I'll keep your family in my thoughts and hopefully the sun will shine brighter soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you had such a bad weekend. It does help to focus on the positive. My hubs lost his job of 30 years due to downsizing a year and a half ago. We have survived and flourished. Life is different but still good! Helping an animal in need is always the right thing to do regardless of the way things turn out. Hope the rest of the month is better. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete