Friday, October 15, 2010

A Little Halloween Love

I wanted to show a little bit of my scary side! I love Halloween, the creepier the better! Although as you can see I have a little bit of cute too.


I found the "spells" stand at Waynesville's Pumpkin Festival last weekend. It's some sort of old tool with a handle on the back side. I plan to change the message with the seasons!

My love of anything old and vintage looking...


The picture on the family room mantle is actually a photo of my dads farm. Well, 1/3 my farm now. He was a pumpkin grower for fun. Pumpkins are so bittersweet for me, sometimes seeing one can just make me cry. Every fall we would gather the gourds and pumpkins for sale at his farm. It was so popular that schools would make Honest John's pumpkin patch an outing. He loved to see the kids exploring the field. Through the years it became quite a family affair. I'll have to dig out some old photos and share them too.


These are all my favorites - I apparently started a little black cat collection! I found this display at a yard sale, it used to be a Pogue's store display. Does anyone local remember Pogue's??? Its sits at the top of the stairs as you come in and is always decorated for the season. It's probably my favorite piece in the house and only cost me $16




8 comments:

  1. Awesome... Love the black cat display..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: where the heck do you store all that stuff? Since you're so organized, I'll bet you have it in color coordinated totes in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - all in colored totes - Halloween is ORANGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your decorations!!! You have such an amazing eye for this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations!! Ky is my Home state!! My daughter lives in Lexington. She has two Great Danes. Your puppy is so precious!! I love Great Danes, they are such gentle dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your decorations! That spooky thing under the glass is so creepy! Also love your find from Waynesville. Wish I could've gone with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing photos of your displays - love them all =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so great to see some of your Halloween decor! Love it!

    ReplyDelete