Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vintage Wicker

It's White Wednesday at Faded Charm so I thought I'd join the fun again this week. This is one of my favorite photos - Jack Frost sleeping in my child size wicker rocker. He seems to have deemed this "his chair" as no other kitties get in it. I picked up this little chair at a yard sale and knew I had to have it to sit by this chair...
This is truly a vintage wicker chair - I've had this chair since 1975 and it was old then. Its been in all my homes ever since. Now it resides in my living room and is joined by another yard sale find, a $5 ottoman that nearly matches.
Across the room is another vintage rocker - purchased at the same estate back in '75. It sits near the cockatiels' cage as the cats can't quite balance on the arms to jump to the cage when it rocks.
(Notice the bungee cord on the bottom of the table holding the bird cage on just in case!)
A new addition will be this terrific flea market find. It has an unusual cathedral back and I was drawn to it instantly. My "Best Buddy and Flea Market Aficionado", Toni was with me and of course twisted my arm. Unfortunately it was a day we didn't bring the truck and had to find a way to fit this in her car's back seat. We did!!




6 comments:

  1. I love your white wicker theme!! You make me want to go paint my wicker in the sun room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At what flea market did you find that chair? I love it! I love seeing other people's flea market treasures too! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage wicker is in such great shape-I love old wicker, but my white is on the porch and it doesn't stay as nice! Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother in law used to have 2 vintage wicker chairs on her porch overlooking a harbor. They were so comfy and we have wonderful memories of her sitting there with the family gathered around having fun! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wicker post! Not surprised that Mom twisted your arm...haha. P.S. Have you always had a bird?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margy. I love wicker and your rocker is just so gorgeous. Looks like the kitty has taken dibs on the little chair LOL!

    ReplyDelete