Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Garden


This time of year my gardens usually are looking pretty worn out with all the heat and humidity. We have had record highs and today's heat index is 104. But this summer my gardens are still looking good. Must be the sprinkler system my hubby put in for me. Yep, you read right...he put a homemade sprinkler system in a few years ago on a long weekend to surprise me for my birthday. He managed to trench a line that covers 3 large gardens all controlled from the faucet at the patio. I can simply attach hoses from the intermittent faucets he added to water the other gardens. It is probably the best present I have received in my entire life!

The birds and butterflies love it too. When the sprinkler is on they love to fly through the mist it creates. They enjoy a cool shower during this heat too!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Your garden is doing so well. The heat index is 114 here today! Scorcher! I love the butterfly photo. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterfly photos......your garden looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! The mist sounds delightful and refreshing! Sounds like a great photo op! I'm behind on my Picture Summer photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were a butterfly in 104 heat I'd send you butterfly love for providing that mist!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks fantastic - nice photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your blog. Beautiful garden! Great Butterfly photos. I love nature and Butterflies. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,
    your garden looks fantastic.i love the butterfly
    photo,it's great.
    have a nice time,
    greetings from germany,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to Kristin at "My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia" my first ever link party for Cottage Flora Thursday's is up & running! Inviting you to come over & link a cottage garden post you may have & please advertise "Cottage Flora Thursday's" on your post that you link!! & don't forget to become a follower of my blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stumbled upon your blog and have been browsing around...I am so glad I did! Your gardens are beautiful!
    I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to link in with some photos...either current or past (during the dormant seasons) to Flaunt Your Flowers on Friday with me. Many absolutely gorgeous gardens participate in this party, and yours would be a welcome visit for them all to make!
    I have enjoyed my visit here today...happy gardening!
    Tootsie
    www.tootsietime.com

    ReplyDelete