Friday, July 16, 2010

Count em..... 26


All but one of the Stargazer lily blooms are open and the last count of blooms is 26 open at one time. You'd think the weight of all those blooms would pull the plant over but its stand tall and proud. Just like my father-in-law would have. Since we planted these in his memory its only fitting I talk to them while I'm working in his garden. I know he'd be so proud of me.

When you walk out the door you can smell the sweet scent before you even see the blooms. Stargazer Lily is my favorite Yankee Candle scent but they retired it last year. I bought all I could find though but my supply is dwindling. I wish I could bottle up the sweet scent on my patio today!



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I ran across your blog and wanted to comment on your beautiful Stargazer Lilies. Talk about a top heavy load of blooms. They are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete