Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Soothing Sounds


One of my favorite features of all my gardens is this multi level fountain. It was the best yard sale find I have ever laid my eyes on! I've had it for years now and its showing signs of love, being patched over the years. Its a perfect finish for this corner of the patio. The soothing sound of the water drowns out any traffic noise from the road.

Since my patio gets morning sun its the perfect place for impatiens. They love shade and to stay moist as they easily dry out in the full sun. This makes a perfect plant for my patio pots since I see them everyday and can give them the attention they need if its hot. In return they give me tons of beautiful color all summer long into the fall.

Another favorite of mine is anything galvanized. I'm not sure where that came from, but I love it!. I love scouring flea markets and yard sales for old watering cans!

3 comments:

  1. Your impatiens look so pretty! We just put some in pots on our front porch since it doesn't get any direct sunlight. Man, I really need your help down here on choosing flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fountain and the tin cans full of flowers--I didn't see them tonight! Too many other things to look at I guess! I'm into tin lids on blue/green mason jars and decorative letters for my craft room too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a fabulous gardener, found you on show and tell friday. i am becoming a follower of yours! love your blog! my father in law grew up in kentucky and left when he joined the service. he always tells me how pretty it can be there, now i see it in your blog! come visit me if you get a chance @ cottageromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete